YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE OOC SO WE PUT SOME OOC IN YOUR OOC SO YOU CAN SHRED FOR FREE.
Feral is a tough spec to play, and you have lots and lots of stuff to keep track of. One of these things is the buff Omen of Clarity, which gives you a no-energy ability, which is fairly incredible. OoC can proc off of auto-attacks, item uses and certain abilities. Here’s just a few ways to squeeze out a few more OoC procs.
1. Nature’s Grasp. Usable in Cat Form. Costs nothing but a GCD, and has a 1 minute cooldown.
2. Gift of the Wild. Has a high (50%) chance to proc OoC. Use it right after brezzing someone.
3. Dash. If you won’t need it later, might as well try to get an OoC proc out of it. Off the GCD.
4. Barkskin. A bit riskier to use, as Barkskin is a fairly useful survival cooldown, but its worth considering, especially since its off the GCD.
5. Trinkets/engineering items. Not much to say here.
6. Survival Instincts. Read Dash and Barkskin. Not 100% sure if it procs OoC, but its off the GCD and it’ll be off CD most of the time, unless you’re in ICC or something.
However, keep in mind the following limitations.
1. OoC is a 3.5 PPM mechanic off of auto-attacks alone, assuming no haste/1.00 second auto-attacks.
2. OoC does not proc off of yellow attacks.
3. Savage Roar will not eat up an OoC proc.
4. Faerie Fire (Feral), as far as I know, will NOT proc OoC.
5. Haste increases the number of OoC procs you will get.
May all your Mangles dangle!